Saturday, September 12, 2020 - Sunday, September 13, 2020
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Open House on Saturday and Sunday, September 12 + 13, 2020 with Self-Guided Historical Tours on September 13
All COVID-19 Protocols are in place
Saturday, September 12, 10 am – 11 am:
Pre-opening ceremony at the Museum at 10am. By invitation & RVSP only
Saturday, September 12, 11am-3pm:
Free Museum admission. Gift Shop open.
Special booths and displays set up outside.
- Walk on the Wild Side
- Native Plants
- Historical Artifacts on display from the Museum Archives
- Gabriola Museum’s new Adopt an Artifact program
- New 3D Geological Map indoor exhibit
- Members booth
Sunday, September 13, 10am-3pm:
Free Museum admission. Gift Shop open. Self-guided Historical Tours
- Enjoy adventuring through the Island on a specially designed self-guided historical tour! You can visit one location or make a day of it!
- Storytellers includes: Snuneymuxw member Dave Bodaly at the Brickyard; Charlotte Cameron at the Surf Lodge; Kerry Marcus from GaLTT at Elder Cedar with storyteller to be confirmed at Silva Bay
- Two storytelling /QA sessions in the morning and two in the afternoon – giving you plenty of time to get to each location. Collect a stamp from each storyteller on your tour map and earn the opportunity to win some awesome prizes!
- Roberts Restaurant and Ravenskill Orchards will be featuring a special menu at their locations on the tour day.
A Celebration for the whole community!