National Indigenous Peoples Day
Sunday, June 18, 2023
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join us for National Indigenous Peoples Day at the Museum.
Snuneymuxw First Nation will share a wide variety of information/skills:
- Geraldine Manson will do a Welcome prayer and talk about the importance of the land, culture and knowledge of SFN and the ancestors
- As well, Geraldine will be sharing about Petroglyphs in the ancestral village
- Stephanie Thomas and Chenoa Point will be showing some weaving with wool
- Violet and Joe Elliott will work with cedar
- Louella White will do face painting;
- Lorna Johnny and Roberta Martin will make delicious fried bread
Funded by the Government of Canada
Join the Museum Board, help take the Museum into the future!
You can make a difference at the Museum.
If you are interested in:
- Exhibit planning
- Events and programs
- Strategic planning
- The McRae lands
- The Archives & Historical sites
- Social Media
The Museum is also looking for a Treasurer to work with its Accountant.
For more information:
Help Your Museum Protect and Expand!
Many thanks to our donors who have contributed toward paying down the McRae Land mortgage—your support has been inspiring! To date we have raised $105,000 to help pay down the $300,000 total. Now we are asking all of you to contribute again.
We hope to raise $45,000 by December 2021 to make the maximum allowable anniversary payment at year end.
Three ways you can help us today . . .
- Mail a cheque to “Gabriola Historical & Museum Society” or drop it off at the Museum (add footnote: “re: McRae property”). Include your name, address, phone and email.
- Give through our Canada Helps secure online portal or send an e-transfer to email@example.com.
- Consider becoming a monthly donor (minimum donation $5/month) and receive free membership with full benefits. (A donation of $120/month spread over a year adds up to one monthly mortgage payment a year for us, so it’s an enormous help!)